The CompactSpec® II spectrometer system is a fast, robust UV-VIS-NIR spectrometer systems in a dust- and water-protected, stainless steel housing with an integrated industrial PC and touchscreen TFT monitor.
This system currently incorporates either an MMS spectrometer module for the UV-VIS-NIR spectral range or a PGS spectrometer modules for the NIR spectral range with either a Xenon flash lamp or a long-life halogen lamp. The UV-VIS-NIR version can cover a variety of spectral ranges between 190 – 1000 nm, while the NIR version can cover from 1000 – 2150 nm. Fast electronic multiplexer technology allows the UV-VIS instrument to have up to 8 channels to collect data simultaneously. One of the channels is often used as a permanent reference to guarantee drift-free operation. Easy connection to fiber-optic immersion probes and flow-through cells allow measurements directly inside pipelines or reaction vessels.
The CompactSpec® II is housed in a IP54 stainless steel housing that protects it from limited dust ingress and water spray from all directions. It contains an integrated computer with a touchscreen monitor for easy control. It can also include hardware that will allow the system to communicate with a Process Interface via digital and analog inputs and outputs.
Each system is equipped with a Vortex cooling unit to allow it to withstand a high temperature environment. To avoid long fibers, a system often must be placed in a production where extra protection is necessary. tec5USA offers a pressurized CompactSpec® II EEx p version is available with ATEX certified Zones 1 (Class 1, Div 1) or 2 (Class 1, div 2) explosion-proof ratings.
- Robust, fast detector-array technology
- Complete spectra acquired in milliseconds
- Long-term stability & permanent wavelength calibration
- Modular concept provides high flexibility
- Drift-free operation due to internal referencing
- Communication interfaces to process control systems (PCS), including OPC, Profibus, and Analog/Digital
- Process software – modular with various application-specific software
- Programming interfaces (SDK) for Windows and LabVIEW
- Electronic and optical multiplexer technologies available
- Parallel operation of different spectrometer types
- Long-life, high stability light sources (halogen, deuterium-halogen, Xe flash)
|UV:||250 (195 as UV SB) – 390 nm|
|UV-VIS:||250 (195 as UV SB) – 390 nm|
|VIS:||310 – 900 nm or 400 – 1100 nm|
|NIR:||960 – 1690 nm, 1340 – 2000 nm, or 1100 – 2150 nm|
|Integration time:||1.5 ms to 6 s|
|Resolution:||up to 16-bit|
|PC interface:||Ethernet, PCIe, USB|
|Dimensions (HxWxD):||670 x 600 x 210 [mm] (standard version)|
1000 x 600 x 220 [mm] (Eex version)
(Dimensions based on 3HU housing with 1x light source and 1x spectrometer)
|Weight:||Approx. 50 kg|
|Power supply:||230 VAC|
|Environmental protection:||IP54 (Explosion-proof, Zones 1 & 2 available)|
|Operating temperature:||5°C to 50°C|
(with active Vortex cooler, requires 6 bar compressed air supply)