Spectroscopy is used in the solar industry for quality control. For example, the tec5 system can measure the reflectance of antireflective coating to calculate the color, layer thickness, and uniformity in milliseconds.
tec5/tec5USA also provides a complete solution to qualify and monitor solar simulators. The development and optimization of new absorber layers requires detailed knowledge of the solar irradiance. Various tests characterize efficiency, cells and modules. Solar simulators, or flashers, reliably imitate the sunlight. However, monitoring these systems require wide range spectrometer systems capable of measuring data very quickly and accurately.
UV-VIS-NIR and Raman spectroscopy are perfect tools for several processes in the solar industry, including:
- Thin-film and color measurements of anti-reflective coatings
- Measurement of spectral sunlight distribution and qualification of sunlight simulators
- Electroluminescence (EI) and Photoluminescence (PI)
- Monitoring of etching baths
- Crystalline/amorphous ratio and strain in silicon wafers