Last Updated: October 15, 2021
tec5USA Inc. (“tec5USA,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) is a manufacturer of in-line process spectrometers. Within this market, tec5USA produces and supplies a range of cutting-edge software, firmware, hardware, and sensors and provides our customers with services including product delivery, on-site or remote installation, ongoing maintenance and support, onsite or remote training and access to supplemental training and education courses. tec5USA engages solely in business-to-business transactions and does not sell or otherwise provide products or services directly to individual consumers or households for personal or residential use.
Our headquarters are in Plainview, New York. We belong to the company tec5 AG, which is part of the photonics group Nynomic AG. Both tec5 AG and Nynomic AG are based in Germany.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- through this website, tec5usa.com, as well as the features and services available on the website (Site).
- when individuals register for and participate in our webinars, virtual conferences, or online training courses.
- when individuals contact and communicate with tec5USA
- at in-person events, such as when we meet with individuals at tech fairs, exhibit booths or company-sponsored conferences.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT OR RECEIVE
- Business contact information (such as name, company or organization, job title, address, telephone number, email address, mobile number, landline, and mailing address).
- Opinions, reviews or other responses submitted to us in response to an online questionnaire or survey.
- Online or network activity information, such as information regarding your interaction with our Site, information about your browsing activity, and log file information which includes, but may not be limited to, your browser type, webpages you visit, or other electronic network activity.
- Information about your participation in events sponsored by us, including web conferences webinars, and other online training.
- Professional or employment-related information.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION (SOURCES)
In most cases, we collect Personal Information directly from you. However, we may also obtain limited Personal Information about you from business partners or automatically when you interact with our Site.
Information You Provide Directly
We collect Personal Information you provide to us. This may include information you provide when you:
- Subscribe to receive emails or other communications from us.
- Contact us through our online submission form or through offline technologies, such as call recording technology when you speak to customer service.
- Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages or share content from our Site on social media.
- Submit a response to a survey, customer feedback form or questionnaire.
- Interact with our sales or customer support teams.
- Register and participate in an event sponsored by our company, including conferences, product demonstrations, webinars, video conferences, or online training courses.
- This Personal Information may include your name, address, title, company, phone number, and email address, as well as specific information relevant to the event for which you are registering. Depending on the event, we may collect evaluations about the event, comments or follow up questions; make and store a recording of your voice and likeness in certain instances; and keep a record of your participation our events.
- Please note that we may use third party platforms to host and operate our online events. These third-party platforms include Microsoft Teams and Linkedin. Personal Information submitted through these third-party platforms may be governed by their privacy policies. When you sign up for an online event, your name and job title may be shared with the other registrants. We encourage you to review their privacy policies before you submit Personal Information.
Information We Receive from Other Entities in the Nynomic Group Corporate Family
Member companies within the Nynomic Group specialize in related but different measurement technologies, applications, or solutions. These companies may redirect individual product inquiries or requests for information to Tec5USA if the specific communication relates to Tec5USA’s portfolio or can best be addressed by Tec5USA. Click here to view a complete list of the corporate members of the Nynomic Group.
Information Collected Automatically Through Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you visit our Site, the Site asks your browser to store a small piece of data (text file such g-KWBTB9VGN3) called a cookie on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by us and called first-party cookies. As explained below, we also use third-party cookies, which are cookies from a domain different (such as Google) for analytics, fraud prevention, and security
The information automatically collected with cookies and similar technologies may include, without limitation, information about your device, such as the make, model, settings, specifications (e.g. browser type, operating system, device identifier) and geographic location of you and/or your device, as well as date/time stamp, IP address, webpages visited and actions taken on webpages, time of visits, content viewed, the site(s), destination(s), and/or service(s) you arrived from, and other clickstream data.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or may have used the information we have about you:
- To provide products and services to your company or institution.
- To communicate with you and your company, including to respond to your inquiries.
- To plan and host corporate events, host online forums or other virtual events in which you may participate.
- For analytics purposes, such as to understand how you use our Site.
- To evaluate and improve our products, services, and Site.
- To operate and improve our business, including to respond to employment applications, provide quality assurance, and perform accounting, auditing and other internal business functions.
- For legal and security purposes, such as to detect, prevent, and prosecute harmful, fraudulent, or illegal activity, loss prevention, identify and repair bugs on our Site and to comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
As noted above, we use first party cookies on our Site. These cookies are identified as _ga and _g-KWBTB9VGN3 and are set to expire after two years. These cookies are strictly necessary for the Site to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but that will cause some parts of the Site to not work. These cookies do not store any Personal Information.
We also use third-party cookies to perform necessary functions. This includes cookies set by Google reCAPTCHA (_GRECAPTCHA) to keep malicious software from engaging in abusive activities on our Site.
These cookies (tec5USA uses Google Analytics) allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our Site and will not be able to monitor its performance. Google Analytics uses a set of cookies to collect information and report Site usage statistics. ‘_ga’ is the main cookie used by Google Analytics. ‘_ga’ enables a service to distinguish one user from another and lasts for 2 years.
To learn more about how Google uses data when you use our Site, visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
To opt-out from these cookies across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Most web browsers allow you to manage cookies through the browser settings. Be aware that, if you opt out from and do not agree to certain cookies, your experience on our Services may be diminished and some features may not work as intended depending on the cookie. To find out more about cookies, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
The user has the choice to choose cookie preference when visiting the website for the first time by using our Cookie Notice and Preference Tool.
WHEN AND HOW DOES tec5USA SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share or may have shared your Personal Information with:
- Service Providers. We allow access to your Personal Information by Service Providers that perform services for us, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to perform those services. While we may seek to require Service Providers to follow appropriate privacy policies and will not authorize them to use your Personal Information except for the express purpose for which it is provided, we do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties.
- Related Entities. In limited circumstances, we may share your Personal Information with our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and other related entities that are members of the Nynomic Group. Specifically, we may redirect individual product inquiries or requests for information to other members of the Nynomic Group if the specific communication relates to that company’s portfolio of products and services or can best be addressed by that company. Click here to view a complete list of the corporate members of the Nynomic Group.
- Parties To a Corporate Transaction.We also reserve the right to transfer Personal Information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, or liquidation).
- Other Third Parties.In addition, we may disclose Personal Information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, (iv) when disclosure of your Personal Information is otherwise required or permitted by law, or (v) with your consent.
- Public Posts. When you provide a product review, question, answer or otherwise interact with a public post on our Site, other users may be able to see your name, and additional information about you that you may post. Please be aware that content and Personal Information that you disclose in publicly accessible portions of the Site may be available to other users, and may also be made available outside the Site, so you should be mindful of all Personal Information, especially sensitive Personal Information, that you may wish to post.
We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information
We don’t share or sell Personal Information to advertisers, data brokers or other third parties. Unlike other companies, we do not engage in marketing or advertising campaigns directed to or targeting consumers and we do not collect or acquire Personal Information for such activities. We don’t use your Personal Information or online activity to build profiles, place you in marketing segments, or serve targeted advertising.
International Data Transfers
As explained above, member companies within the Nynomic Group specialize in related but different measurement technologies, applications, or solutions. We may may redirect individual product inquiries or requests for information to other members of the Nynomic Group if the specific communication relates to that company’s portfolio or can best be addressed by the company. In some contexts, limited Personal Information such as contact information and the subject matter of a particular inquiry may be transferred to countries that do not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. Click here to view a complete list of the corporate members of the Nynomic Group.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. However, because no information system can be 100% secure, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your Personal Information to the United States. This Site is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Depending on applicable law, you may have some rights and choices with respect to your Personal Information. Those rights may be limited by local law requirements. You may exercise these rights by contacting us as specified below.
Email and Marketing Opt-Out
You can opt-out from receiving marketing communications by email by following the instructions within the emails you receive from us or by contacting us at [email protected]. If you opt-out from email communications, we may still send you transactional or operational emails. Examples of transactional or operational emails include purchase or shipping confirmations or information about the products or services we support.
California Privacy Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights regarding the Personal Information that businesses have about them. As a resident of California, California law may permit you to request information regarding the:
- Categories of Personal Information (as defined by applicable California law) collected, sold or disclosed by us;
- Purposes for which categories of Personal Information collected by us are used;
- Sources of information from which we collect Personal Information; and
- Specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
In addition, you may have the right to:
- Opt-out of the Sale or Disclosure of your Personal Information, in some circumstances;
- Opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us; however, you may still receive administrative communications; and
- Request deletion of your Personal Information by us and our Service Providers, in some circumstances.
We do not “sell” Personal Information as that term is defined in the CCPA.
We support the CCPA and wish to provide you with control over how your Personal Information is collected and shared. To make requests, please contact us at [email protected]. We will review the information provided and may request additional information to ensure we are interacting with the correct individual. Please also be aware that making any such request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal or deletion of Personal Information or content you may have posted, and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow us to fulfill your request.
tec5 USA will not discriminate against you (e.g., through denying goods or services, or providing a different level or quality of goods o/r services) for exercising any of the rights afforded to you.
European Data Protection Rights
As noted above, this Site and the products and services available on this site are directed to and provided for our customers in the United States. However, if you believe the processing of Personal Information about you is subject to European Union Data Protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that data if EU law does apply:
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, Personal Information;
- If any automated processing of Personal Information is based on your consent or a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of your Personal Information in a usable and portable format;
- If the processing of Personal Information is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing; and
- You can object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of Personal Information under certain circumstances.
Our products and services are not intended nor designed for children under 16. We do not knowingly collect any information including Personal Information from children under 16. If you believe that a child may have provided information to us, please email us at [email protected] and we will remove that information from our databases.
80 Skyline Drive Unit #1
Plainview, NY 11803
Attention: Privacy Officer Amanda Moreno
Email Address: [email protected]
Telephone Number: +1 (516) 653-2000